Herpes Symptoms in Women
So here’s the deal. More women have herpes than men. I know…it is what it is.
The virus is sexually transmitted more easily from men to women than it is from women to men.source HSV-2 infection is more common among women than among men; the percentages of those infected during 2015-2016 were 15.9% versus 8.2% respectively, among 14 to 49 year-olds. (Source) This is possibly because genital infection is more easily transmitted from men to women than from women to men during penile-vaginal sex. (source)
I personally have my own feelings about why it’s easier to transmit herpes to females than males. As females we wax, shave, trim and do all sorts of things to our hair down there. And men don’t really do too much to that area. I mean some man groom but in general there is hair there. The hair is a natural barrier and is there as a protection. So then you take the hair away and boom…we have an easier skin to skin contact and an easier transmission.
My next theory on why more woman than men have herpes is when a man wears a condom he has a good portion of his genitals covered up. As women we’re hanging out there and our skin comes in contact with more skin. If you know what I mean?
Anyways, these are not proven theories but I think they have something to do with the fact that more woman than men have herpes.
Let’s get to the herpes Symptoms in Women
- Genital herpes outbreaks can be anywhere from the belly button, on the buttox, in the inner-thighs, and of course the genitals. In other words in the boxer underwear region.
- Outbreaks can look like papercuts, one bump or a cluster of bumps
- Blisters typically are clear fluid filled or if it’s a papercut it looks like a tear.
- In grown hairs and razor cuts can be mistaken for herpes outbreaks
- Difficulty urinating is common
- Swollen genital area
- Itchy and tingling sensation
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Overall rundown or flu like symptoms
If you think you are having your first outbreak and want to get diagnosed ASAP by a doctor, my favorite way is using HerpAlert. They are the only telehealth company that can diagnose you virtually and have a prescription sent within hours to your local pharmacy.
You can find them here and make sure you use the promo code: lifewithherpes to get 10% off your treatment.
Leave a commentPlease log in or register to post a comment